The Hague Bach Choir celebrate their 150 year anniversary on Saturday 11 June with a special concert ‘Haagse Kanjers’ in Amare, home of The Hague Philharmonic Orchestra, National Dance Theater and the Royal Conservatory. You have the unique opportunity to be a part of this event by joining our Project Gospel Choir. This includes:
- Attending the final rehearsal of the Bach Choir on Saturday morning in Amare (optional)
- Joining the Bach Choir, several other choirs and singers from The Hague outside in the afternoon around 13:30 in singing ‘Dona Nobis Pacem’.
- Singing a selection of Gospel songs with the Gospel Project Choir in the foyer of Amare for 15 minutes before or after the concert.
- Attending the anniversary concert and joining the encore with the Bach Choir singing ‘Oh, oh Den Haag’ and ‘Thank you for the Music’ in Amare in the evening (20:00 – 22:30).
You can join the Gospel Project Choir if:
- You are available on Wednesday evening 1 June from 20:00 – 22:15 (rehearsal together with Bach Choir in Koningkerk in Voorburg)
- You are available on Wednesday 11, 18 and 25 May (at least two out of three dates) and June 8 from 19:30 – 22:00 (rehearsals Project Gospel Choir in De Kronkel Community Center near Westeinde hospital in The Hague).
- You are available on Saturday June 11 end of the afternoon and evening.
- You can prepare your vocal part with lyrics, MP3 and / or sheet music independently.
- You send us a recording (can be done with your phone) of a (part of) a Pop or Gospel Song so we have an impression if your voice fits with the choir and music.
The costs for this project are 35 € per person to be paid on enrollment. If you have an Ooievaarspas, you pay 17,50 €.
Send an email with your recording to email@example.com and we will get in touch with you.
If you know an enthusiastic singer with experience in a Gospel or Pop choir who might be interested in joining this Project Choir, please send this a link to this page. The maximum number of singers is 25.